What is your purpose in life? Why did you choose to be an administrator? We are not happy enough even though we have acquired so much material well being in life? Convincing answer to these question is almost impossible from science, market and modern education. Only solution is provided by spiritual education. It is increasingly become important to give space and time for spiritualism in an organization. We find it is equally useful for individual life, family, organization in any part of our world. Developing spiritual literacy is important because life is not just the cycle of birth to death or effort up to success and failure. Rather it should be regarded as a mission to achieve with feeling of sustained and blissful happiness.
Simply put spiritualism is the science that leads us to righteous path. The art of living meaningful life and working for meaningful result demands spiritualism. Basically, it is the art of knowing self before wandering around. Without knowing the answer of the question: Who am I? Explaining in length about the assigned identities of us and our life is meaningless. Real introduction of the self begins from humanity and soul. George Barnard Shaw proposed to the world to put “human” before name of each person indicating that we are first human and only comes our name, profession and many others. About the duty or function assigned to us we have to be clear about the questions “Where am I going?” “Why I chose the particular profession?” Only then our life crystallize and move ahead meaningfully.
” Developing spiritual literacy is important because life is not just the cycle of birth to death or effort up to success and failure. Rather it should be regarded as a mission to achieve with feeling of sustained and blissful happiness.”
Spiritualism regards our soul as its epicenter. As a very important field of applied science it not only care about attitude, aptitude and altitude but all of three at same time. It is updated logic of a person. It goes even further than emotional intelligence and utilitarianism. Steve Jobs opines that spiritualism is the religion of modern era. Of course he is correct because spiritualism covers all arguments put forward by different religion and give integrated solution. Religion can be regarded as medium of spiritualism, that’s all. Once we inculcate the spiritualism in us our ability in life multiply and we remain awakened each time. It is refinement in the personality which help to live a holistic life with enlightenment and social wellbeing. There are three main capital developed and used in course of human civilization namely material capital, human capital and spiritual capital among these spiritual capital is the superior one which simplifies the life as a whole.
In assessing individual capacity assessment techniques, widely used method is to test Intelligent Quotient (IQ). In due course of time it is found from the research result that IQ only measures only 20 percent of human capacity leaving remaining 80 percent unmeasured and unanswered. Acknowledging this fact, multinational companies have started the techniques of assessing human resources based on their values and happiness level and measurement is termed as Emotional Quotient (EQ). This addresses previous problems to some extent. Going further, Spiritual Quotient (SQ) analyze the inner strength, talent and confidence to tackle with the possible problems in the workplace.
“Public servant need to have empathy, tolerance, compassion and other foundational values to make match between the demand and supply of public service to the citizen. These core values are easy to inculcate only when one aspire to apply spiritual path.”
Cultivation of Spirituality in one’s life make the practitioner to envision others in par with self and always abide the truth. Shree Ram Sharma Acharya defines spirituality as a means of refined attitude towards life. Work life balance exists only when thought process is pure. Public servant need to have empathy, tolerance, compassion and other foundational values to make match between the demand and supply of public service to the citizen. These core values are easy to inculcate only when one aspire to apply spiritual path. Other important aspect is that a spiritual person becomes ready to sacrifice the belongings and ego and possess a integrated form of vision and deeds.
End result of the process is noble life style, noble work style, displays model ethics and values, leadership style and improved management style. So let us start for spiritual path in life. Let life keep going, our duty become better and thus do some good work collectively for our nation. Are you ready to cultivate spiritualism? This time I stop here expecting the positive response.